Saturday, March 8, 2008

Yes, I am a self-proclaimed Nice Guy

And I'll be the first to admit that being a Nice Guy never got me anywhere… Well I can't say that that's entirely true: I did get used a lot. BUT I will say that it was apparent the "bastards" always, always got luckier with the women than I did. I got their rejects, their not-so-left-overs.
Heck, for a long time I thought it was me. I thought it was a cruel joke. I thought I was singled out as being a "nice guy freak of nature". I thought all the "non-bastards" were getting lucky except me. I mean cum'on! EVERYONE said you needed to be a romantic "nice guy" to have success with women! Little did I know the whole "nice guy" thing was malarkey. Pure & simple crap. Probably put together a long time ago by a group of mothers living out their "evil plan" to keep their sons from dating girls that didn't meet their high & mighty standards!
But not only did it keep their sons from dating "bad girls" it kept them from having any fun period, and from forming relationships with terrific women that lasted longer than one night!
And I was one of the idiots that bought into the "nice guy" story - hook, line & sinker. And with it my sex life and love life were both doomed to utter failure (or just about). And - like I said before - I thought I was alone in the world… the only "non-bastard" that wasn't getting any. The only "non-bastard who kept getting cheated on, used, and dumped - over and over again. Eventually I managed to "bastard" my way into a relationship ( still working on it ), But I've never forgotten all the fun I missed out on when I was a wretched "nice guy". last week I had the pleasure of talking to other guys that experienced the same thing during their single periods of life. Namely they played the "nice card" with virtually every woman and got "shut out", cheated on, or dumped far more often than the "bastards"...Nice Guys Get Dumped! Period.

2 comments: